Thursday, April 10, 2008

It's My Thing...Do What I Wanna Do!

Sorry for the reference to an old song, but I just couldn't resist.

I have another account in Library Thing but it has not been updated for some time, so I thought that I'd create a new account for this exercise. Since I've last used Library Thing, it's been improved. Last time I used it, it did not give LOC or Dewey numbers, or LOC subject headings, but it does now. (Maybe I will go back to my regular account and add more books.)

Of all my books added for this exercise, the two that were made into movies were the most popular, with well over a thousand people listing them, and one had 700+ readers. Not surprisingly, these were the ones with the most discussions going.

My favorite aspect of Library Thing is its social nature. It allows for tagging, sharing with others, and comments. Sort of a built in readers' advisory function. Not many other library catalogs do that; at least not ones I use regularly.

Here's the link to My Thing: http://www.librarything.com/catalog/traineemark

No comments: