Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's a Wrap!

My favorite thing that I learned about was Technorati. I thought that it was very interesting that the most popular sites were technically orientated. I also found it amusing that many of the popular blogs had really nothing to do with current events, but were focused on their own tangents.

My least favorite was ListenNJ. After trying to work with it for several attempts, it has not gotten any easier. Users need software like a refrigerator; just plug it in and off you go. I think that software that makes you go through all kinds of setups & plug-ins to work, eventually turns the user off, and then away.

I would like to see the library get more involved with blogs and wikis. They would allow for more customer generated content and comments. Those two tools in conjunction with a Flickr presence might have added another dimension to my diversity project.

I'm waiting to find the free time, between work & school, to set up a family wiki & Flickr account to connect my wife's family together. It would offer another alternative to the in-person, face-to-face, get- togethers.

No comments: